A pair of late Victorian patinated bronze colza oil lamps by Perry & Co.
Lot No. 172
Estimate £3,000 - £5,000
25% Buyers Premium
A pair of late Victorian patinated bronze colza oil lamps by Perry & Co. Modelled as storks standing on rock work bases, with removable reservoirs, stamped PERRY & Co. 72 NEW BOND ST, each 71cm high (including fitting), 19cm square. (2) Formerly named Parker & Perry and founded by William Parker in 1756, the firm received commissions from many prominent patrons including the Royal family. They supplied the Prince of Wales at Carlton House and on Queen Victoria's accession they were one of two lustre makers called upon to supply the Royal household (R. Edwards, The Shorter Dictionary of English Furniture, London, 1964, p. 674). William Perry traded at 72 New Bond Street from 1817 and was joined by his nephew George in 1822. After 1833 the firm traded as George Perry & Co.
Period: 19th century